Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood

Joy #1: Conversation with #1 after informing her our friends would be joining us for dinner tonight (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

#1: I was thinking that Ivana looks just like Sister Grey (her primary teacher) {They look nothing alike}

me: Oh really?

#1: Yeah. Except that Ivana is chubby like you and Sister Grey is flat. {Ivana is not chubby}

me: hmph. (suppressing laughter)


Joy #2: #3's hair is long enough for pig tails! Yay! Joy #2 1/2: Retrieving her from the front of the Spanish branch's Sacrament meeting where she had quickly run for the two seconds my back was turned.


Joy #3: Discovering that #2 has sneaked into the kiddie pool wearing his Sunday clothes while Spouse and I were enjoying after-dinner conversation with our friends. He was already soaking wet, so we just kept on talking and let him enjoy himself.

5 comments:

daisy said...

Those are the joys.

birdie said...

Good times ahead for me - I can already see it coming!

OK, so I've posted an addendum on your behalf. Check it out and make as many jokes as you'd like :)

Katie said...

Those piggies are so cute! I love that #2 jumped in the pool clothed! I think Miles has landed in the pool/sprinkler/hose more times in his clothes this year than in his swimsuit.

The joys of summer. How is it possible that it has to end so soon???

Evgenii said...

I know someone named "Ivana" and I think that she would think that is funny. So would her son "J.J.".

Jami said...

Oh why oh why did my children get "blessed" with baldness? Hope is just barely pulling off the pigtails and she is almost FOUR.