Thursday, October 9, 2008

Men at work

There is nothing quite so attractive as a good man at work. I'm not talking about business suits and power meetings. I'm talking about sweaty, outside labor. In particular, sweaty, outside labor that is on my 'honey do' list.



Even better: sweaty, outside labor in UNDERWEAR. don't panic, it's not Spouse. you only wish.


Better yet: sweaty, outside labor in underwear ON BACKWARDS. Ooh la la!


***Attention non-Arizonan readers*** You may be wondering what in the world they are doing, or why our yard looks so pathetic. It's winter seed planting time. Best results come from drying your lawn out for a few weeks, then cutting it down to almost the dirt, raking or de-thatching all the dead stuff, and then finally, scattering your winter grass seed. Don't let the above picture of the small pile of de-thatched grass fool you into thinking this is an easy job. Spouse filled two trash bins (packed tight) full of dead grass. It is a big, ugly job.

5 comments:

BigEd said...

Nice, very nice.

MJ said...

Yes, I don't miss the scratchy pokey grass. I know why #2 is on the concrete paver. Those precious little toes will be scarred.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

I love the underwear:) Thanks for helping me be grateful I don't have a yard here in AZ!

Little Dame said...

Sweet! . . . He deserves a reward... or at least a glimpse of you in a onesie...

Peterson Family said...

That is adorable! My boys flip their's around 'cause it only makes sense to be able to SEE Lightning McQueen! :)

Good luck with the winter grass! Hint: Don't use old seed. Right now half our lawn is green and the other half... well you get it. Mark's going to have to start the aforementioned process over again in that particular area (to his defense, it was my parents' idea- he knew it wouldn't grow). :)