Wednesday, August 8, 2012

1st day of school, 1st day of school!

 This morning my house was quiet and I was alone, really alone for the first time in 9 1/2 years. 

#4 will be here in a few weeks and then it'll be like I'm starting all over.  But until then, I've got mornings all to myself.  If I weren't giantly pregnant, I think I'd use the time for shopping, working out, going to the temple... you know, things that aren't fun with kids around (or impossible with kids around!).  As it is, I'm not ashamed to say I'm planning on spending my mornings laying in bed. 

Here they are:  my school kids!

The 4th grader



The 2nd grader




 The Kindergartener
 



#3 is attending a different elementary school than her older brother and sister because their school doesn't offer a 1/2 day class.  So after I dropped the older ones off (literally, I dropped them off. They didn't want to be walked in), we drove over to #3's school and got her set up in her classroom.

#3 did great. She didn't seem nervous, she just found her seat and started coloring.  I asked her if she was ready for me to leave and she replied by pointing to a chair in the corner, "You can stay, but go sit over there."  I watched as she tried to make polite conversation with her fellow table-mates.

"What's your name?"  They weren't as collected as #3 was this morning and all of them were too shy to answer.  "I said, What's your name?"  "What? I can't hear you."  So then she directed her questions to the parents milling around.  "What's your daughter's name?  Why won't she answer me?"

#3 also convinced me she didn't want to be picked up on her first day. She wanted to ride the bus home.  The bus stop is right in front of our house.  She loved it.





Here's to a successful 2012-2013 school year!  And here's to a few weeks of laying in bed all morning!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I have to say, #3 has come a long way from wanting you to color hand over hand with her! :)

Erin A said...

That is great! I wonder what the other parents were thinking of her. I love it!

Well, after I dropped off my youngest to 1/2 day kindergarten I came home with all kinds of plans of things to get done and ended up doing......nothing! And I don't even have an excuse of being pregnant!

Here's to a few hours each day of quiet bliss!!