Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My little artists

The kids got model kits in their Easter baskets and were pretty excited to put them together. #1 made her bird house almost entirely unassisted. No nails required, just wood glue. #2 painted his little race car and I assembled it. It actually works! I know he loves it because it has earned a place in his bed at night along with his orange hard hat and his wooden sword, his most prized possessions. Here's the crazy part, I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny found them at Michael's for $1. $1! And they came with sand paper, glue and paints.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Looks like I need to take a trip to Michaels. Problem is I never walk out of ther spending less than $20. Those dang dollar bins get me every time!

MJ said...

Just wait until you see what my little artist did. It was a masterpiece, as in a master piece of crap...literally.

daisy said...

I love those projects because they keep the kiddies busy for a while. What I don't like is what to do with the "master pieces" after they have finished. A couple of days later they end up just disappearing. Who would steal those beauties? The garbage man. He is bad in our house.

Jami said...

Just thought I'd let ya know that I did make it into Michaels this week, saw the bin and walked out with about 15 of them. I figure they will make great birthday gifts, congrats on being a big brother gifts, sorry your sick gifts, and so on . Thanks for the tip!

Mindy said...

That reminds me how much my girls loved doing those birdhouses on Christmas day after getting them in their stockings. They were more excited to break those open than any of their expensive gifts.