Friday, January 25, 2008

CTR

On our way to our friend's house today, #1 pointed out that she was wearing her CTR ring. In a very knowing voice she asked me, "Do you know what that means Mom?"

"Yes, I do. Do you know what it means?"

"It means be good and be kind."

"Oh. I thought it meant Choose The Right."

"Nope. But you were close."

**************************

In the car again later today and #1 looked so lovely with her head leaning on the window. I told her how beautiful she is and more importantly how beautiful her spirit is. She said, "Do you know what my spirit looks like? It's purple with a pink heart on it."

7 comments:

BigEd said...

It's nice when being wrong is actually better than being right.

MJ said...

I love kid quotes.

Amy said...

I'd like to think that my spirit is purple with a pink heart on it as well.

SO CUTE!!!!

Katie said...

What a cute kiddo!

Peterson Family said...

She's so sweet!!

Megan said...

that is what I imagine my spirit to look like too!
Good thing you have her to help you with the definition of CTR otherwise you might have gone around forever thinking it meant the wrong thing.

happy mom said...

that is so funny! wow, the things kids say!