Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Talk

#2 had his last week of speech therapy this week, as he turns 3 on February 4th and the early intervention program ends. He has come a LONG way. The greatest result is that he is happier. It's been at least three weeks since he hit, pushed, bit or threw sand at anyone at the park. The frustration is draining and the happy spirit that was always in there is now becoming apparent in the little songs he sings to himself, or the pleasure he gets when he says something and people understand! We still have a lot of work to do for him to catch up, but with his new confidence and attitude, I have great hopes.

6 comments:

MJ said...

I just love him. He won my heart the first time he gave me a big bear hug. I'm glad to hear that he is happier. I can just see him singing to himself. It really is amazing when they realize you can understand them. Bowen's terrible two's dramatically decreased when he started talking better.

Katie said...

That's so great that he's doing better. He is such a cute kid - I wish we lived closer and got to see you all more often!

Katie said...

That's so great that he's doing better. He is such a cute kid - I wish we lived closer and got to see you all more often!

Peterson Family said...

That is great!! It IS so incredible watching your child develop strengths and improve/overcome certain challenges, it's amazing how we can take the small things for granted and how these little people can open ours eye's to an exciting world of possibilities, and small miracles that might have otherwise gone un-noticed.

If you still felt he has room for growth with his speech, just call up your Dist. and if he qualifies for an IEP, you can get him FREE pre-school!!

Jami said...

Silly me - I didn't even know he was struggling. This seems pretty common? I am glad to hear he is doing better.

happy mom said...

I think we need to get Josie some help, when did you start getting help for him?