Thursday, January 24, 2008

My wildest dream come true

I've mentioned on this blog how tiny our house is thus making every square inch valuable real estate. Living in this house is a continual process of organizing, rearranging and reorganizing. Every trip to Costco means an afternoon making room. Holidays, even though I love them, mean that I've got to find space for new things. Food storage requires great creativity. So shelves in my kids closets have been a priority for quite a while. And finally, after more than a year of begging, I've got them.


sweet spouse wielding a nail gun


#1's closet - the finished product

No pictures of #2's closet - it didn't stay clean long enough to get a picture

5 comments:

MJ said...

They look great. I need to build some shelving under my stairs for my food storage. WHEN I get to that project, I'll call your husband to get some ideas on how to do it.

BigEd said...

Nice work MJ. I love closets. I never knew how much until I lived in a house without (which has pretty much been every place I've lived in since I lived at home ; 0

Katie said...

oooohh! Those are lovely. Nothing quite like storage space. It makes me so happy to have spaces for things and organized closets!

Megan said...

THat looks awesome!

happy mom said...

Ooh, I want some too! next time you visit? they look so nice, that is quite the project! yea!